There is 2 steps to get Gmail contacts first one is Exporting and another is Importing.
You can import your address books (from Outlook, Hotmail, Yahoo!, orkut, and other services) into Gmail. To get started, follow these steps
First, you’ll need to format your contacts as a CSV file — often times, address books exported from other mail providers are already formatted as CSV files. You can also create your own CSV file.
Exporting Gmail contacts
You can quickly export your Gmail Contacts list into a CSV file. Here’s how:
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click Contacts along the side of any Gmail page.
- Click Export at the top of your Contacts list.
- Choose whether to export all contacts or only one group.
- Select the format in which you’d like to export your contacts’ information.
- Click Export.
- Choose Save to Disk then click OK
- Select a location to save your file, and click ‘OK.’Once you have a CSV file with all your contacts’ information,import the file and transfer your contacts to Gmail.Note that you can only import up to 3000 contacts at a time. If you have more than 3000 contacts, you’ll need to create multiple CSV files to upload.